Apply Online

Dual Enrollment

Contact Us

Brian Harris, Coordinator of Dual Enrollment, 504-280-6747 or

Do you want to get a jump start on your college plans? UNO’s High School Dual Enrollment Program is a great way to take classes for dual credit (high school and college credit). High school students in good academic standing can enroll in college courses at UNO, provided they meet the minimum admission requirements.


  • Save time and money by earning college credits in high school
  • Learn about professor expectations and the responsibilities associated with college coursework
  • Gain college credit and experience that will put you ahead of your peers when you enter college full-time


Dual Credit Fees

Dual credit fees and college fees apply differently. See how fees apply to you.

Learn more
  1. Approved for dual enrollment by your high school
  2. Cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or better
  3. Official minimum test scores of:
    • ACT or PLAN: 18 English or 19 math
    • Old SAT: 450 English or 460 math
    • New SAT: 25 Writing & Language or 500 math
    • PSAT: 45 English or 46 math
    • ACCUPLACER: 86 Sentence Skills or 65 Elementary Algebra

Dual Enrollment allows you to take up to 12 credit hours in the fall/spring semester, and up to 6 credit hours in the summer semester. Seniors enrolled in the program may be eligible to receive their high school diploma after successfully completing their remaining courses at UNO.

Continuing Dual Enrollment Students

If you are a student currently enrolled in UNO's Dual Enrollment program and wish to continue for another consecutive semester, you will need to submit an online request to continue your enrollment.

Continuation Request Form

Keep in mind that you will not be able to register for your next semester's courses until we have received this completed request.

Supplemental Course Academy

If you are a student at a participating Louisiana high school, you may be eligible to receive funds through your school district. Please print the Supplemental Course Academy Application and have it completed by your school counselor. The finished application should be returned to the Office of Enrollment Services in person, by fax, or email to the same contact information listed on this page prior to the beginning of each semester.