Student Learning Outcomes
College of Sciences
Bachelor of Science in Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Students will be able to construct and effectively present earth and environmental sciences information and concepts visually and verbally through oral presentations.
- Students will be able to explain earth and environmental sciences concepts and present and interpret data in a technical writing format by their date of graduation.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of fundamental concepts in geomorphology.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of fundamental concepts in paleontology, earth history, and evolution.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of environmental sciences.
The degree requirements for earth and environmental sciences is an overview of courses required to complete the degree program.
Within the EES department, UNO offers two concentrations. You will be able to choose courses to meet these concentration requirements while also completing the standard College of Sciences curriculum. In addition to your tailored coursework, you will work in labs, with state-of-the-art instrumentation, and in analytical techniques in field-based courses and other hands-on activities.